22-23 februari 2020
Beurs van berlage
Can you imagine a world without chocolate?
No? But will it always be available and what are the challenges the makers face today?
And did you know, just like wine, the taste of your chocolate varies depending on where the cocoa comes from? You can learn about all of this at Chocolate Festival. Chocoa Festival is the place where you learn the process from bean to bar, discover the wide variety of flavours in good cocoa and better chocolate, taste many food pairings while being guided by your favourite chocolate makers.
A two day Chocolate Festival in the heart of Amsterdam! Tasting, enjoying and discovering new flavours with wine, coffee and craft beer at the more than 85 stands. Take a journey through the cocoa chain and learn how chocolate is being made from bean to bar. A full day programme of tastings and presentations given by experts.
DO YOU Wanna
Ever tasted chocolate? Like really tasted the differences between cacao coming from Colombia, Peru and Ghana? Or tried combining chocolate with cheese or wine? There is a whole new world out there, also about the journey from cacao bean till chocolate bar! Join one of the many tastings at the festival,and one whole day of tasting all that the stands have to offer off course.
Want to know how to taste chocolate in a proper way? Let our professionals teach you how to do that by joining one of our courses. Click here to sign up.
Hot Cocoa Drink Awards
At the Chocolate Festival:
- Taste the best products of the most outstanding chocolate stands worldwide
- Join workshops, chocolate tastings (based on the availability and maximum of 2 individuals). .
- Meet the best chocolate makers and experts
- Vote at the Cocoa Drink Awards
- Test your chocolate knowledge during the consumer debate ‘’Let’s Talk Chocolate’’ and join the quiz!
- Learn how chocolate is being made and what sustainable cacao and chocolate is all about
- Take your kids to Kids Corner. Also for children there is enough chocolate to taste, to play games and do handycraft – also with chocolate! Click here for more info
Hot Chocolate Awards (Saturday and Sunday, award ceremony Sunday afternoon)
For the third time, international chocolate makers will be competing. During Choco 2019 chocolate makers battled for the title “Best Hot Chocolate of the Netherlands 2020”. Guests joined the jury in tasting and voting throughout the weekend. In 2019 the professional jury was chaired by renown tv personality Janny van der Heijden, together with other experts. She guided the audience through the competition, tasted result and congratulated the 2019 winner. In 2020 more competition awaits!